We’re officially pen pals!
Thank you for donating toward the meow mail program.
We can’t wait to send a heartwarming update on how your donation has changed a rescue cat’s life for the better.
Have a purrific day!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How am I updated on the cat I donated to?
- A: We recently transitioned from mailing letters to sending emails. Many donors contacted us requesting that we do not mail letters in order to save funds spent on postage and allow more of their donation to be spent on the sponsored cat. We agreed that email is the most responsible way to update donors on the cat they donated to, therefore all Meow Mail will be emailed moving forward.
- Q: Who am I donating to?
- A: Donations benefit Community Cats of Central Arkansas, a small 501(c)3 nonprofit that rescues and rehabilitates cats that are victims of neglect, cruelty, abandonment, and abuse. National Kitty is a rescue cat advocacy website that leverages its media presence and marketing skills to fundraise on behalf of Community Cats of Central Arkansas.
- Q: Is my donation tax deductible?
- A: At this time, donations made through the Meow Mail program are not tax deductible. This is because National Kitty is not a non-profit, despite our Meow Mail program benefitting Community Cats of Central Arkansas, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Efforts are underway to address tax deductibility in the future.
- Q: Can I donate to Community Cats of Central Arkansas directly?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to make tax deductible donations to Community Cats of Central Arkansas, but you will not be sent direct updates regarding stories National Kitty publishes about sponsored cats through the Meow Mail program. This is because National Kitty does not have access to donor contact information for donations made outside the Meow Mail program. Click here to donate directly to Community Cats of Central Arkansas.
- Q: Can I make a recurring donation?
- A: Yes, this program works best when you make a monthly donation. Be sure to check the box that says “make this a monthly donation” when registering on PayPal.
- Q: Can I cancel a recurring donation?
- A: Yes, click here for instructions on how to cancel a recurring donation made through PayPal.
- Q: Where can I see previously sponsored Meow Mail cats?
- A: Click here to read about cats we’ve sponsored in the past.
- Q: I want to donate, but I don’t want to use PayPal. What are my options?
- A: At this time, we are unable to accept cash, checks, or payment methods other than PayPal. PayPal allows you to donate with a credit card, debit card, or bank transfer.
- Q: Will my email address remain private?
- A: Yes, we do not sell your email address or personal information. We send a maximum of 2 emails a month: we do not send spam or anything unrelated to Meow Mail.
- Q: Who do I contact if I haven’t received my Meow Mail?
- A: Email [email protected] with the subject line “Meow Mail” to help us resolve the issue.
Have more questions? Email [email protected] for any additional questions regarding Meow Mail.