Let’s be pen pals!
Each month, we sponsor a neglected, injured, abused, or abandoned cat from a small rescue organization.
For $10 a month, you’ll receive a progress picture with heartwarming updates about the cat you donated to!
Here at National Kitty, our number one priority is helping rescuers gain exposure and donations needed to support their life-saving missions.
Donations benefit Community Cats of Central Arkansas, a small 501(c)3 non-profit rescue organization led by two women, Sarah Richardson and Stephanie Spence, who rescue and rehabilitate cats from rural towns with high animal cruelty rates.
Despite being a small, volunteer-led non-profit, they rescued 1400 cats and kittens in 2023– these numbers rival those of much larger, better known rescues with significantly bigger budgets.
National Kitty has worked very closely with Community Cats of Central AR for several years and witnessed them work tirelessly to rescue cats in critical condition, despite having very little financial support.
We created the Meow Mail program to help them provide food, supplies, and medical care for the sponsored cat.
You can make a one time donation or recurring monthly donation that you can cancel at any time.
Ready to get started?
Click the button below to join the Meow Mail program!
This month, we’re collecting donations for Jasper, a sweet 1-year-old cat who suffered from a severe gunshot wound and 2 broken legs in a heart-breaking act of cruelty. Click here to read his story.
By donating towards Jasper’s medical treatment, you support the surgery and physical therapy needed for him to walk again.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How am I updated on the cat I donated to?
- A: We transitioned from mailing letters to sending emails. Many donors contacted us requesting that we do not mail letters in order to save funds spent on postage and allow more of their donation to be spent on the sponsored cat. We agreed that email is the most responsible way to update donors on the cat they donated to, therefore all Meow Mail will be emailed moving forward.
- Q: Who am I donating to?
- A: Donations benefit Community Cats of Central Arkansas, a small 501(c)3 nonprofit that rescues and rehabilitates cats that are victims of neglect, cruelty, abandonment, and abuse. National Kitty is a rescue cat advocacy website that leverages its media presence and marketing skills to fundraise on behalf of Community Cats of Central Arkansas.
- Q: Is my donation tax deductible?
- A: At this time, donations made through the Meow Mail program are not tax deductible. This is because National Kitty is not a non-profit, despite our Meow Mail program benefitting Community Cats of Central Arkansas, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Efforts are underway to address tax deductibility in the future.
- Q: Can I donate to Community Cats of Central Arkansas directly?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to make tax deductible donations to Community Cats of Central Arkansas, but you will not be sent direct updates regarding stories National Kitty publishes about sponsored cats through the Meow Mail program. This is because National Kitty does not have access to donor contact information for donations made outside the Meow Mail program. Click here to donate directly to Community Cats of Central Arkansas.
- Q: Can I make a recurring donation?
- A: Yes, this program has the biggest impact when you make monthly donations. When registering on PayPal, make sure to check the box that says “make this a monthly donation”.
- Q: Can I cancel a recurring donation?
- A: Yes, click here for instructions on how to cancel a recurring donation made through PayPal.
- Q: Where can I see previously sponsored Meow Mail cats?
- A: Click here to read about cats we’ve sponsored in the past.
- Q: I want to donate, but I don’t want to use PayPal. What are my options?
- A: At this time, we are unable to accept cash, checks, or payment methods other than PayPal. PayPal allows you to donate with a credit card, debit card, or bank transfer.
- Q: Will my email address remain private?
- A: Yes, we do not sell your email address or personal information. We send a maximum of 2 emails a month: we do not send spam or anything unrelated to Meow Mail.
- Q: Who do I contact if I haven’t received my Meow Mail?
- A: Email [email protected] with the subject line “Meow Mail” to help us resolve the issue.
Have more questions? Email [email protected] for any additional questions regarding Meow Mail.